Thursday 28 August 2008

So just who buys organic?


I caught up with organic-box delivery convert Toke Zellerbach and asked him why he finds the service so useful.

Hi. How long have you been using an organic delivery service?

I have been having a delivery once a week now for around seven months give or take a few weeks.

How did you hear about the service?

I was at a local farmers market and the farm I buy the boxes from had a stall recruiting new customers. They had a large selection of products available for tasting and the freshness bowled me over. I signed up straight away.

Do you think organic produce is overpriced?

No not at all. You pay for what you get and I know that the milk, cheese, vegetables and even wines I receive in my organic box are all locally sourced and free from chemicals. You cannot put a price on good health and I believe organic produce is the best out there in terms of maintaining a healthy body and mind.

Do you buy any of your vegetables from the supermarket?

Obviously I try to avoid supermarkets as much as possible but there are certain items you have to buy from supermarkets. I tend to buy frozen peas when they are no longer in season and unavailable for box delivery.

The beauty about the delivery service is that you get fresh, seasonal produce and you enjoy the food all the more for that. I would rather wait until a vegetable is in season and have the fresh taste than buy some which have been flown thousands of miles to get to my dinner plate.














Would you pay more for organic?
Would you pay a premium price for organic produce?
















Yes of course! Organic is worth the extra
Yes but only certain items
No.
Unsure




view results









No comments: